Housing Authority of the County of Kern

Attention Residents and Voucher Participants


Until further notice, Housing Authority offices are open by appointment only.  Applicants, participants, and residents can contact the Authority by phone or email for service.  Rent payments will be collected by secure drop box with receipts emailed or mailed if requested. If you need to submit documents, please email or mail if possible.  Only emergency work orders and emergency and initial inspections will be completed. If you need to submit documents, please do so by email or mail.  We are adjusting tenant and voucher participant portions of rent if they are affected by COVID19.    Furthermore, we want to make you aware that   the Governor issued EXECUTIVE ORDER N-37-20, a state wide moratorium on evictions.


What this means:

The order is in effect to keep tenants from being evicted for nonpayment of rent due to the effects of COVID-19 and who satisfies all of the following requirements:

  • The tenant paid rent due to the landlord as agreed prior to the order.
  • The tenant notifies the landlord in writing before the rent is due as outlined in the order that the tenant needs to delay all or some payment of rent for reasons related to COVID19
  • The tenant must maintain documentation to verify the need for delay.

 No writ may be enforced while this Order is in effect to evict a tenant for nonpayment of rent who satisfies the requirements.  The order does not relieve the tenant of their obligation to pay rent in a timely manner if they are able and it does not relieve a tenant of liability for unpaid rent.


For the full order go to:





You may report to your Housing Manager or Housing Specialist via e mail or mail. We are waving the requirement to fill out the change of income form however, you must include the date of income loss, the type of income and the amount of income loss. If you have other income you must indicate Whether or not you are still receiving the other income. You must report promptly once you begin receiving income such as unemployment or reemployment, etc. Failure to do so may result in termination.  Keep in mind that your portion will be adjusted the month following the month reported. For example if you report in April, your new rent portion will be effective May.   If you have rent due and cannot pay please contact your Housing Manager or Landlord to make arrangements to pay at a later date.


We are working hard to maintain our excellent customer service and operations during this difficult time. If you have any questions please contact your Housing Manager or Housing Specialist.