Low Income Public Housing Waiting List is Currently Open.
You can apply for Low Income Public Housing online.
The Housing Authority of the County of Kern is pleased to announce the new Applicant Portal. Follow these steps to complete an online application:
1. Go to: www.kernhousing.com
2. Click Applicant Login (upper right-hand corner)
3. "Click Here to Register" link at the bottom of the page
4. Under Create an Account - click "I want to Apply"
5. Click "I do not have a registration code"
6. Enter Personal Details
7. Click Register - Complete all pages
You will receive an email when your application is received. Once your application is reviewed you will receive a second email stating if the application is approved or rejected.
Kiosk locations for online applications can be found at the following sites:
- Housing Authority of the County of Kern - 601 24th Street, Bakersfield
- KCDCSS - Child Support Office - 3701 N. Sillect Ave, Bakersfield
- Court Building - Room 300 - Court Office 1215 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield
If there is a change in the size of your family or address change while the application is on the waiting list, report to Applications by logging in using your user credentials at www.kernhousing.com. Applicants will be contacted by email when their application reaches near the top of the waiting list.
This federally-funded Program is administered at twelve (12) housing developments operated by the Agency. Rents are based on 30% of the tenant’s monthly net adjusted income or ceiling rents, based on the size of the unit – whichever is less. Families must pay a minimum of $50.00 for rent each month. There is a total of 865 LIPH units in Kern County. Applications may be mailed or submitted to the Central Office in the Applications Department at 601-24th Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301 or at any local housing development office.
For the location of a development near you, see Locations.
For more information, check the following links: